Monday 7 April 2014

artaxis

      Sarah Gross


''A screen divides space and unites it. Seeing what lies on the other side invites the viewer in,
and yet access is forbidden. I seek to activate space by building screens. They act as
architecture, as psychological separation, as filter, and distiller.''


''I inscribe my work with greater personal meaning using text and labor intensive surface
decoration. I write letters and journal into the wet clay before rendering the text inaccessible
by cutting through or enclosing it.'' 
 
Sarah's work   reminds me of Laura's project, building, ingraving, use of color tho attract viewer in a different direction of thought.

Krista Grecco

..
''I work with both the human and animal figures because it is a direct way to
illustrate emotions. I work with clay becaus
e it is a direct way to work with form,
volume and surface. Flesh, folds, fabric and fur lend life to my sculptures.''
i think this work could relate to the work amy is doing, introducing animals into her work, i also think the 
statement can conect with Amy's work.

Craig Clifford


''my work  is about transfermation and making common objects more than they are through exsessive colour and humer.''

the work itself reminds me of Emma Kings work, in some ways it looks gruesome, but the more you look at it the more you understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment