Tuesday 8 April 2014

artaxis

jason hackett



'I understand the world in an evocative fashion and view my artworks as both physical
and philosophical memorials to ‘Closeness’. During the construction of new works in
series, I commonly consider ideas such as the value of community and family, the
honesty of both gross and tedious labor, the mysteriousness of the metaphysical, and
the passage time. '

This work reminds me of Steve's work, with the strong concept, i think Steve's work could relate.

'My creative process results in collaged objects and modular works that not only satisfy
my conceptual curiosities, but also look to redefine and reinvigorate the place of objects
in ceramic and art contexts. Each piece is primarily assembled from objects made by
hand and mold formed methods while select found manufactured ceramics are also
utilized.'

No comments:

Post a Comment