Monday 7 April 2014

artaxis

Chanda Glendinning

'My sculptural work draws from my interest in the rapid evolution of our means of 
communication, and the implications this holds for personal interactions. Modern 
technology and virtual communications have enabled us to share and acquire 
information on a global level.'

'I translate these thoughts on our modern communication systems into formally 
arranged sculptural works composed of groups of softly gleaming white slip cast 
components. Speaking in practical terms, when creating multiples it makes sense to use 
a mold and then cast the components, rather than creating each one individually.'

I think everyone would be interested in Chanda's work, how she displays her work and how she works with her concept. 


Andrew Gilliatt


'With my functional pottery, I am designing and fabricating objects with the intent 
to create visibly dynamic forms that with the use of color and imagery are expressive, 
visually inviting, and easily accessible as objects for domestic use.'


I think Gillian would be interested in this work as he shows different ways of making bowls, pots ect.

'I am fascinated how we personalize and define ourselves through the objects we 
use and accumulate. The clothes we wear, the cars we drive, the things we decorate and 
furnish our homes with - all of these objects reflect our personality and aesthetic 
proclivities both publicly and privately'

No comments:

Post a Comment